Forum for student expression since 1977

The Patriot Press

Forum for student expression since 1977

The Patriot Press

Forum for student expression since 1977

The Patriot Press

UPDATES

School Delayed in response to COVID-19 until April 24

Spring Sports seasons delayed

AP Tests have moved online

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No feed found.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.

Rewind: Songs from Childhood

1. Bill Nye the Science Guy Theme

The most electrifying day of any science class growing up is the day when the lights dim and the projector whirs to life, defrosting after years of hibernation. The whiteboard transforms into a TV, playing the familiar image of a man with a lab coat and bowtie: Bill Nye the Science Guy.

2. Story of My Life – One Direction 

Every hero has a backstory, and Harry Styles’ backstory was One Direction. Teenage girls and the occasional boy would plaster the boy band’s pictures across their bedroom walls, only a candle away from being a shrine.

3. Little Einsteins Main Theme 

It’s been memed to death, but the Little Einsteins theme resonates even with those who didn’t watch the show growing up. The song has flooded the internet for years, even when many might’ve still been watching the show.

4. Party Rock Anthem – LMFAO 

The party rock never stops. Though, some still can’t remember if the lyrics are “party rock is in the house” or “party rockers in the house”, but this song remains memorable.

5. You Belong With Me – Taylor Swift 

In a time of the Eras Tour and “Taylor’s Version”, it’s good to remember the early days of T-Swift Culture: Fearless. Even haters of Swift’s music can remember hearing her songs blasting from the car radio, and many pop-lovers have vivid memories of their first time watching the “You Belong With Me” music video. 

About the Contributor
Harper Day
Harper Day, Senior Writer

Harper Day is a senior at Liberty High School and a senior writer for the Patriot Press. They are involved in theatre and LSN at Liberty. In their free time, they can be found drawing, listening to music while drawing, and watching movies (yet again, while drawing).