Spring Postseason Recap: Track and Field

Margaret Baumgartner, Sports Editor

Run fast, throw far, jump long. Liberty’s track and field team competed at State on May 23, 24, and 25.
“This season pushed me as an athlete to become better and perform better,” sophomore Kara Porter said. “It was hard, but it was a good experience and I’m excited for next year.”
Top performers who placed at State include senior Luke Knoblich who placed 5th in the 1600 meter as well as in the 3200 meter; junior Brooke Ury who placed 4th in the 100 meter hurdles, the in the 300 meter hurdles, and 8th for triple jump; senior Andrew Ha who placed 3rd in the 300 meter hurdles; and sophomore Kara Porter who placed 6th for javelin.
“Track has always been a big part of my life,” Knoblich said. “The end of my season this year could’ve gone better but I’m proud of my performance at State.”
The weather at State proved difficult for the athletes. They had to face strong winds that affected some performances. But in the end Liberty boys were able to place 16th and girls 22nd.
“State wasn’t everything we hoped it would be, but it was still a very fun experience and I’m looking forward to next season,” Ury said. “The bond that all of the juniors and underclassmen have made this season is very strong and I’m excited to see where we go next year.”