Spring Postseason Recap: Baseball

Gabi Parrish, Sports Editor

This year, Liberty’s varsity baseball team won Districts and then moved on to Regionals, where they won their first game. They lost their second game of the tournament in a close game against Fife High School, missing their chance to go to State by one point in the last inning.
However, the team finished with a season record of 18 wins and only 6 losses and attributes a huge portion of its success to teamwork and team bonding.
For the majority of their season, the players met up for team bonding dinners every Friday.
“We’d have burgers at Seth Ryberg’s house and play spike ball,” sophomore first-baseman Brandon Toy said.
The players even got frosted tips to hype up for the postseason. Seniors, like captains Seth Ryberg, Chase Archibald, Jacob Thoresen, and Parker Coleman, all contributed to the supportive team environment.
“Everybody on the team was friends with one another and it was just an all around great season,” Toy said.
Ten seniors from this year’s varsity team will be graduating, and they will be missed by their teammates.
“I’d like to thank all of the graduating seniors. I had a lot of fun playing with them and won’t forget this season,” Toy said. “I made friends with all of them, and it was awesome.”