Brotherly duos set standards for postseason

Mary Russell, Editor in Chief

Go to state. Place in state. Win state,” senior Ethan Le said.
This statement encompasses the spirit and goals of the boys varsity tennis team this season. The team finished with an 8-4 record and continues to prepare for the postseason with brotherly vibes on and off of the court.
“Working with my brother is probably the best decision that I’ve made in high school. On the court, I feed off of his energy and he feeds off of mine and it just goes back and forth,” Ethan Le said.
The other brothers on the team include sophomore Cade and senior Cody Hughes, and sophomores Calvin and Cody Vuong. At Districts, the Le duo won their matches with scores of 6-2, 6-7, 6-4. As a team they were able to take the first place win at Districts, together winning more matches than any of the other nine schools competing.
Coach Mike Salokas explains the skills and energy that the boys use to acquire their success.
“The 2016 Team is ‘deeper’ in talent than last year’s team. It amazed me this season to watch practices and the talent we had throughout the varsity and extending into the JV Team! The future of LHS Tennis is a bright one,” Salokas said.
But winning is not the most important victory to the tennis family. According to Ethan Le, being with his brother is more rewarding.
“I’m not going to play tennis forever, but I’m always going to have a brother, and I have to make sure that I’m building that bond between me and him because that’s going to be everlasting,” Ethan Le said.