Don’t be afraid to say no to your first choice

Nate Jarvis, Sports Editor

Probably the hardest decision any of the seniors will have to make is where to go to school in college. For once we get the choice of where we can go. It can get pretty overwhelming because there are so many choices to choose from. You can literally go anywhere in the country or even the world.

The problem for me was I thought I knew exactly where I wanted to go. I was dead set on going to Eastern Washington University but the option for playing at Pacific Lutheran University came up and I couldn’t resist the opportunity to play football one more time. I know that a lot of people might be dead set in their ways on which college they want to go to but I want people to keep their options open.

Like myself I thought that no one wanted me to play college football for their team. So in my head I decided I’m going to go to Eastern and just go to school and I didn’t really think much more on the subject.

The series of events that can take place can greatly change your decision on where to go to college. For me everything happened so quickly that changed my decision. First one of the PLU coaches came to school and talked to me along with a couple of my teammates.

Then they invited me to come and tour campus and meet the head coach and see how everything works down there at School. It probably didn’t help that Coach Steve Valach went to PLU and played there as well because he definitely influenced my decision.

All I’m really trying to say is to make sure you go through all of your options. Make a list of the things you want in a college and go through that list for each school that you might want to go to. You should definitely go somewhere you feel at home and don’t try to force yourself into liking one school just because of a good program they have.