The 10th Annual Patriot Awards

Jocelyn Tierney, Entertainment Editor

After a decade of recording what the Liberty student body deems the best in the entertainment industry, we take a look back at what the students of 2006 thought along with presenting the 2016 winners (based on a survey of 250 Liberty students representing all four grades).

Movies:

Best Action- Star Wars: The Force Awakens

This long-awaited reboot of the Star Wars franchise lived up to its hype. Three decades after the defeat of the Galactic Empire, a new threat arises that only a ragtag group of heroes can stop.

Best Drama- The Martian

This dramatic tale tells the story of Mark Watney (Matt Damon), a NASA astronaut stranded on Mars. He must improvise and innovate to survive.

Best Comedy- Pitch Perfect 2

Three years after being the first all-female group to win a national title, The Barden Bellas are back to compete in an international competition.

TV Shows:

Best Comedy- Modern Family

Showing the realistic, funny, and often times ridiculous side of any family’s life, this show can make anyone laugh.

Best Drama- Grey’s Anatomy

This Seattle-based medical drama focuses on a group of surgeons. It has been running for eleven years and is only getting better!

Music:

Best Artist- The Weeknd

This AMA-winning Canadian artist rose to fame recently with his various R&B hits like “The Hills”, “Can’t Feel my Face”, and “In the Night”.

Best Album- 25

Many of today’s favorites, including “Hello” and “When We Were Young” are featured on this popular album.  By the artist Adele.

Best Song- “The Hills” by The Weeknd

This catchy song is Pop meets R&B and has remains in the  Billboard’s Top 100 for weeks.