Boys gold wins KingCo championship with potential for postseason

Brigette Larkin, Staff Writer

With a 6-2 record in league matches and a KingCo win under their belt, the boys golf team carries a lot of potential for post-season. The team took first in the KingCo championship tournament with a score of 379.
In addition to the team win, junior Chase McIntosh won the individual league championship with only one stroke over par. With an average of 36.78 during the regular league season, par being 36, McIntosh also earned a spot on the league’s first all-league team, which awards the top five point scorers.
Freshman Jack Hultquist was on the second all-league team averaging 37.65, and senior Ben Graham was given an honorable mention with an average of 36.68.
“We were able to get all six of our kids into the district tournament which is a really awesome accomplishment” coach Jon Kinsley said.
Next spring, McIntosh, Graham, Hultquist, senior Luke Hall, junior Cole Sherman and junior Chase Cour will compete in the District competition to qualify for state.
“We’re going into District One for the playoffs this year and its much tougher schools in that district so getting into state will be tougher,” Kinsley said.
Even though districts will be more difficult than years in the past, the team is looking forward to a successful post-season.
“In the spring when we have our state championship we plan to play really well,” Graham said. “We should be developed and primed and ready to play at state and take back the state championship.”