Forum for student expression since 1977

The Patriot Press

Forum for student expression since 1977

The Patriot Press

Forum for student expression since 1977

The Patriot Press

UPDATES

School Delayed in response to COVID-19 until April 24

Spring Sports seasons delayed

AP Tests have moved online

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No feed found.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.

The Patriots! 2023

Were you upset with the results from the Grammys and the Oscars? Well here is a completely fair and honest annual award show for you! Introducing… THE PATRIOTS! Today, I’ll take you through the winners (fully derived from a 154 person student survey) of our six categories: best movie, TV show, actor, actress, album, and song.

Best movie:

Barbie

Best actress:

Margot Robbie

Best album: 

SOS

Best show:

The last of us

Best song:

What was i made for

Best actor:

Ryan Gosling

How early should I get a prom date?

Dear Reader, that’s a tough one. Too early runs the risk of a mishap before the big day, while too late could lead to last minute panic and full cars. In my humble opinion, the best bet is around one month before prom. It’s the perfect amount of time to get dinner reservations, figure out where you’re getting ready, and get matching dresses and ties, while still avoiding the hypothetical drama and disasters that come with a long anticipated date.

How much caffeine should I have to get through a school day?

Dear Reader, ideally none. But I’m not crazy, so let’s be more realistic. For me it is all about balance. Some days I can make it through with a small iced coffee or tea, but some days I need the biggest RedBull RVC sells. As long as you know your limits and don’t overdo it too often, you should be alright!

Do I remove a guy I liked on every social media to help me get over him?

Dear Reader, HECK YEAH! Don’t let anyone bother you on your own phone. Hit that block button because you get to control your own social media, so make sure it doesn’t make you feel worse! Physical and digital distance is the best medicine to get over an ex, and I truly do think no contact really is the only way. Hang in there and hit unadd!

About the Contributor
Mirabelle Williams
Mirabelle Williams, Entertainment Editor
Mirabelle Williams is a senior at Liberty High School and the entertainment editor for the Patriot Press. In her free time, she enjoys competitive cheerleading, reading, and writing.