I broke into Liberty… to study?

Tabitha Peacock, Spotlight Editor

Before Covid-19 hit, I hated school. Now, school is all I can think about! Being away from school has been unimaginably painful. 

I miss the feeling of sitting down at my desk right before the bell is about to ring. I miss going into my classes feeling ready for the lesson. I miss it all! So I decided to do something about it.

Last weekend, I broke into Liberty. Yes, you heard that right. I broke into Liberty to go to the library. You may be wondering, why the library? Well, I feel more productive at school, and I had a huge test coming up, so I went there to study.

I left my house at 12:00 a.m. last Saturday. I chose to go in the middle of the night so I wouldn’t have to deal with the front office staff. I brought my backpack but put hardly anything in it; I needed to travel light.

I got to Liberty at 1:00 in the morning. The tough part was finding an unlocked window. I went around to each room and checked each window, but, as you may have guessed, I wasn’t having any luck. They were all locked! Or so I thought. Once I reached the ceramics room, the door there was unlocked. I was expecting to have to go through a window, so this was definitely a pleasant surprise.

Once inside, it was smooth sailing. I got to the library, sat down at a computer, and started to work. I finished at about 4 and got home by 5. This whole plan was perfect, except for one thing.

Yesterday, my parents got a call from Liberty informing them that I had broken into the school. Apparently, I forgot to log out of my computer, and it was still on when the custodian went in for routine cleaning. Now I’m expelled. Skyline High School here I come!