Teachers or professional athletes?

Samantha Klein, Entertainment Editor

Although well under 1% of the world’s population are professional athletes, many kids grow up dreaming of playing their favorite sport for a living. Despite the fact that most people don’t get to live out these fantasies, the dream stays alive. Here’s what Liberty’s teachers would be doing if they could pursue professional sports.

Mr. Level:

A:  Basketball is my favorite sport. It’s a very popular and fast-paced sport, and basketball players definitely get a lot of recognition. 

A: I would want to play for the Utah Jazz, which is my all-time favorite sports team. It’s very random because I just happened to be watching a Utah Jazz game when I was in second grade, living near Seattle, and decided that they were my favorite team. I’m pretty stubborn, so I just stuck with that. 

Mrs. Lin:

A:  I would play ice hockey because I have prior experience, and it has always been my favorite sport. 

A: I started playing hockey when I was in middle school and played through my senior year of high school. After that, I switched to being a referee for hockey and have been refereeing for twenty-eight years. 

Mr. Price:

A: I would go back to my childhood days of waterskiing because I have experience playing that sport ever since I was a kid. It holds a special place in my heart.

A: My family and I grew up skiing. I started as soon as I could stand and then skied regularly throughout college. I haven’t skied much since then.

Mr. Hausenfluck:

A: Well, I certainly wouldn’t want to play a sport that would leave me maimed for the rest of my life. I guess it would have to be baseball. 

A: I’d probably have a certain way of faking injury if I got grazed by a ball or something like that. I’d be really good at acting.